Fife Derby

January 7, 2020

Last night (18/12/19) saw Raith seniors play their last game of 2019 with the visit of local rivals Dunfermline FFIT.

As the game got under way so did the rain however this didn’t stop either team getting the ball down and playing some entertaining football. Raith started off the better and create a few chance with Mark Anderson making Eglington pull out a few saves.

As the half progresses Dunfermline start to create their own chances which included a poor finish from a one on one that nearly got the corner flag and a 25 yard shot that saw Harvey tip the effort on to the bar and followed it up by saving the headed rebound.

Half way through the first half Raith took the lead after a fantastic move on the break that left Rae running in on goal and firing home to put Raith one up.


Dunfermline immediately went up the other end and after the Raith defence failing to clear Anderson wiped out the attacker and the ref had no option but to point to the spot. Redpath stepped up and sent the keeper the wrong way.


Dunfermline continued to push forward and were again hit on the break and when the ball dropped out to Balloch at the edge of the box he turned his defender and fired in to the bottom right corner


Halftime Raith 2-1 Dunfermline


Raith changed things around at half time that appeared to work as they pushed Dunfermline back and started to take control in the game. Raith created several chance however Garside was guilty of a missing from close range when it was easier to score.


M. Anderson found Dunfermline goalkeeper Eglington in inspired form which saw him pull out several saves but Dunfermline continued to wrk hard and create a few chances that were well stopped by Harvey. With the score still at 2-1 Harvey pulled out a fantastic save from a one on one to keep Raith in the lead.


Raith went 3-1 up after the ball was swung in from the right and despite winning the header Blyth saw his clearance lob his own goalkeeper in to the back of the net. Dunfermline had several chances to get back in to the game but Harvey and the Raith defence stood strong to the final onslaught from Dunfermline and in the final minutes Raith made it 4 when Gemmel got on the end of a cross and his header looped over the Dunfermline goalkeeper.


Final score


Raith Seniors 4-1 Dunfermline FFIT

This was a game that could have easily been a closer scoreline both teams gave 100% and played and create lots of chances. Both managers can be proud of the effort shown in this final match of the year.



Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Please reload

© 2017 by Harvey, James.