Rangers 2-1 Raith Seniors

Raith Seniors travelled through to Glasgow to face Rangers on a cold and windy Sunday afternoon.

Raith decided to shoot in to the wind in the first half but made the early running with Mark Anderson missing 2 excellent opportunities in the first 5 minutes however Rangers were pushing forward and when Raith gave away a free kick just outside the box and the ref decided to give a penalty summed up the referee afternoon, when questioned about the penalty his reply was “Player was outside the box but the ball was in the box” think this referee needs to read his rule book again.

Rangers player stepped up and sent it to Houston left but he couldn’t keep it out.

This didn’t set Raith back as they continued to press forward with Mitchell, Simpson, Gemmel and Anderson all missing good opportunities to pull Raith level.

On 30 minutes a corner from the right from Simpson on his debut saw both Anderson and Moodie free in the box as the both player went for the ball and over stretched Anderson headed well over the bar.

On 35 minutes Rangers broke forward a cross field pass across his own box allowed the Rangers striker to nip and put them 2 up.

Raith lads continued fighting and within 3 minutes had pulled a goal back after Anderson went 1 on 1 with the keeper and cut it back from Gemmel to tap in.

1stHalf finished with Bishop coming off after suffering some concussion from a knock to the head.

Half time

Ranger 2-1 Raith Seniors

The 2ndhalf continued the same way as the 1stwith Raith controlling possession and passing the ball around well and creating lots of chances but failing to put them away, in all honestly its probably Houston easiest 45 minutes in goals in a long time and hardly even touched the ball until about the 89 minute when he pulled out a save and the rebound was cleared off the line by Allan Anderson .

This afternoon has summed up Raith Seniors year so far with the amount of chances they have been creating but failing to put the ball in the net.